Sunday, July 31, 2011

July Weight Report

Overall this was a pretty (what was left of this) month. The last time I officially weighed myself-as in accepted the number by writing it down- I was 195 and that was several weeks ago. Since then, when I went to the gym, I would weigh myself and again be frustrated that the number 1) didn't change and 2) always said 190 or 198/9. 

I felt like I wasn't making progress. 

And then, something MAGICAL happened!......Well a couple of things.

I started to breather and read fitness and weight loss blogs for motivation AND I bought "The Dorm Room Diet" book by Daphne Oz and literally everything changed. I got my mindset right. I got my eating habits habits. I became more motivated to go to the gym. I bought a scale for my house that actually worked (always use an electronic one for the most accuracy, but remember, a scale can't tell you how healthy you are!) DRD helped better pick the foods I was eating, break the relationship that food has with my emotions, and gave me hope that loosing weight in college is completely doable if I just make it a priority. Daphne lost 30 pounds herself and has been able to keep it and guess what? SHE DOESN'T EVEN COUNT CALORIES!!!!! But before you fall out of your chair, she is a vegetarian who tries to stay away from processed foods so why should she? (Think about that.....)

But the biggest difference has been my eating habits. I now try to eat 5-6 200+/- calorie meals a day and it really does work. I don't eat as much, I'm full, I'm re-training my body to go longer without food (for classes next year) and I'm also training myself to not give into the temptations I face when I a) want to eat when I'm not scheduled to or b) want to eat something that isn't as healthy when it isn't a fun meal day. 

I said hadn't been weighing myself and that true, but that doesn't mean I wasn't still trying to be healthy and do the right thing and eat better. I was just doing a half-ass job at it. But I was still loosing weight and when I got on the new electronic scale that I bought, I had somehow managed to loose another 8 pounds! I knew my body physically looked different, but now, the number on the scale also said something different!

Now, all of this has pretty much happened since last week so this has been a big couple of days for me and overall, I've been pretty good about sticking to the goals I have set for myself. We had a little trouble with the unplanned fun eating, hey!, that's ok. I'm still getting better at it. I even went for a run (well jog really and it was on the treadmill) for 30 mins on my reward day (I know, some reward right?0 and I was able to go for the whole 30 mins straight. I may not be burning as many calories as I was when I was powering through my intense cardios intervals, but I really like to run and this way I am catching my body of guard by doing something new. I may have to stay longer as the gym for right now just to get the same amount of calories burnt off, but I figure if I jog everyday, I'll get better at is and it eventually wont take as long to burn what I need to burn AND its better to stay longer now during the summer versus trying to stay for hours during the school year (because, honestly, it won't happen...I just won't have the time).


My confidence has gone WAAAAAAAAY up this past week y'all. I mean skyrocketed out of the stratosphere high. And, I don't plan on slowing down :)